Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any hints for removing the baffles in V&H Big Radius pipes? I have an MOT coming up and the noise level is likely to be an issue so I want to put some packing around the baffles to quieten them down.

I removed the cover plates and the retaining screws but the baffles are flush with the ends and are very firmly fixed in there. I think I'd need something to put through the baffle/pipe and hook into it from the inside then hammer it out?
Apply some heat to the end of the pipes?

Nothing I've tried so far will budge them so any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i had big radius pipes on my star raider...i like the noise but baffles were PITA to remove .i used a short metal bar with atab on one end to stick in ex and insert metal tab were you removed screw then just push and pull till they came out.spray alot of wd-40 or rust breaker in and around as much of pipes as you can.as far as getting them back in and screw set aligned good luck especiallyif wrapping baffle with packing.if you cant get back in try big city baffles QQ=quiet core....but pipes will still be loud

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. Will try some threaded rod with heavy duty washers and bolts to try and pull them out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts