Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07 900 custom it will turn over but wont start my fule pump is not coming on and it's not fire ing I changed the ecu which was 600$amd another 175 on relaybox.im out of mmoney any ideas on what iyt mite be codes read 3 1094?

·
Super Moderator
4,789 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. First off stop replacing components unless you are sure they are defective. If you do not have a multi meter, buy one. Harbor Freight has inexpensive ones. Here is a link to download a factory repair manual. Check the things listed in the troubleshooting section for your issue. I assume you checked the basic stuff like fuses, battery health, etc… If you are not able to do this, take the bike to a shop. Considering the money already spent, you probably could have had the bike fixed already. If anything is unclear or you have more questions, post back. We will be happy to help. Thanks again for becoming a member. Be well.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Lilbill, how many miles does the bike have on it? Did you buy it recently, or have you driven it in the past? You should be able to hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the key on. If you can't hear that, then look into the gas tank with a light, and see if there is any rust or other debris in the tank. Already sounds like a fuel delivery problem. I also agree with Tourer, don't spend any more money (except for a meter as he suggested), until you understand what the problem is. Taking a shotgun approach to troubleshooting is a very fast way to drain your wallet.

·
Registered
222 Posts
i see a few possibilities here
i think the most likely scenario is inverse reactive current from the unilateral phase detractors. a tricky problem to diagnose, but at least the fix is inexpensive, and obvious.

another possibility, however remote it might be, you could be experiencing sinusoidal depleneration.
in rare cases, you might see some side fumbling in the panametric fam. while running, check the stator. every 7th conductor should be connected to a non reversible tremi pipe. if adjusted properly, you won't be able to measure any capacitive duractance above .0152 grammings. if you are, no matter how slight, you'll have to replace the bearing cover with the pre-famulated amulite type that was introduced last year. the difference there being the panendermic, semi-boloid slots vs the old style windings which were the lotus o'delta type. i can't remember the part number offhand, but i'm sure your dealer can find it. at least they aren't as expensive as the old type, even if the replacement procedure is labor intensive

·
Registered
49 Posts
i see a few possibilities here
i think the most likely scenario is inverse reactive current from the unilateral phase detractors. a tricky problem to diagnose, but at least the fix is inexpensive, and obvious.

another possibility, however remote it might be, you could be experiencing sinusoidal depleneration.
in rare cases, you might see some side fumbling in the panametric fam. while running, check the stator. every 7th conductor should be connected to a non reversible tremi pipe. if adjusted properly, you won't be able to measure any capacitive duractance above .0152 grammings. if you are, no matter how slight, you'll have to replace the bearing cover with the pre-famulated amulite type that was introduced last year. the difference there being the panendermic, semi-boloid slots vs the old style windings which were the lotus o'delta type. i can't remember the part number offhand, but i'm sure your dealer can find it. at least they aren't as expensive as the old type, even if the replacement procedure is labor intensive
This is old school internet right here. Don't forget about the cardinal grameters.

·
Registered
2009 VN900 Classic
112 Posts
I totally feel for you Lilbill, I hope you get it up and running asap. I have no idea what cheezy's comment means lol, but judging by who Liked it already, at least the forum is giving you some good options and advice; best wishes! Keep us updated...

·
Registered
222 Posts
I totally feel for you Lilbill, I hope you get it up and running asap. I have no idea what cheezy's comment means lol, but judging by who Liked it already, at least the forum is giving you some good options and advice; best wishes! Keep us updated...
one of my favorite things on any forum, when someone asks a technical question i can't answer, is to pull words from the video below as a faux answer. i can't tell you how many times someone has responded with "can you put that in layman's terms? i don't understand technical jargon"

·
Registered
09 VN900B
212 Posts
OMG I will be rolling on the floor all day now. That is hilarious and the worst part is I understand what he is saying, the long way around.

·
Registered
222 Posts
OMG I will be rolling on the floor all day now. That is hilarious and the worst part is I understand what he is saying, the long way around.
the first time i did it was on a guitar forum, where a guy was asking about a problem with his amplifier. oh man, soooo many people complained that i was being "too technical" and should simplify my answer. :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
4,789 Posts
That is a pretty funny video.😆😆😆. When posting a response, I try to keep the technical jargon to a minimal. Never know the experience level of the member asking the question. If the response gets too tech soupy it just muddles the issue further.

And hey lilbill. How did you make out with your issue?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts