Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Vulcan 800 Classic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am removing the sissy bar but I can’t get the remaining part off (the one the sissy bar is attached to). I removed the first bolt but the second bolt is behind the square bar that protects the tire from the saddlebag. How do i remove the square bar? From inside the fender (tried but it seems stuck) or is that a trick somehow?

thx

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am not positive, but I think that there are chrome plugs that come off the ends of the mounting points for the saddlebag protector. There will be bolts under them. Probably hex drive.
Then again I could be way off.

·
Registered
1995 Vulcan 800 Classic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not positive, but I think that there are chrome plugs that come off the ends of the mounting points for the saddlebag protector. There will be bolts under them. Probably hex drive.
Then again I could be way off.
there are no visible bolts holding the mounting points on the outside, see picture. I removed the rear fender and can see the bolts sticking out on the inside. How do I unscrew these bolts??????

·
Registered
128 Posts
I said I think that there are plugs/end caps covering the bolts. Located in the mounting points of the saddlebag guards. Inside of that piece in the picture you just posted. Little screwdriver to pop the covers off and you should find a hex drive bolt.

·
Registered
1995 Vulcan 800 Classic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I said I think that there are plugs/end caps covering the bolts. Located in the mounting points of the saddlebag guards. Inside of that piece in the picture you just posted. Little screwdriver to pop the covers off and you should find a hex drive bolt.
You’re absolutely spot on, I misread your first post. Removed the covers and got to the bolt behind it.
Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts