Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got some bad gas. Went thru all the motions to clean it out. Three tanks later and some treatment bike started running better. Then yesterday about 3 miles down the road it started sputtering and the top muffler (back) got super hot. Just the top muffler, toward the back only, not by the engine. The bottom pipe never got hotter than normal. What oh what is going on?????

Someone please help me fix my baby:(

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
Pull sparkplugs and tell us what you see.
Picture even better.

If you have a rich mixture or a misfire in one cylinder, it makes the catalytic converter run extremely hot for that pipe (I believe they are in each muffler for that bike).

·
Registered
847 Posts
Cajun, lots of lookers but not many of us know what to tell you. I had another brand of bike do that back in the carbeurated days and it was dumping fuel into the pipe and burning it there, sorry I don't know what to tell you.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
sounds like a dud plug .... change em both. 3 tanks of fresh gas and fuel treatment .... it aint a fuel issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Baby is running great now and again I THANK YOU all for the help!!! Every bit helped me along the path I needed to follow to get it fixed!:D

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Glad you got her fixed. What was the issue? Plugs?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts