Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I introduced myself to the board a little while ago, and now I'm tasked with figuring out exactly what custom parts are on my bike for the sake of insuring the bike properly.

I'm hoping you guys can help me identify parts based on the photos I've taken of them, so that I can determine their value/cost-to-replace in the event of an accident. For insurance purposes, I would be stating the full MSRP of each part, not what you could find it on sale for. Things in bold and underlined I have no idea about, and any help would be greatly appreciated. If you happen to spot something on the bike that doesn't look stock, PLEASE let me know. Thank you all so much :) As I'm new to this bike, and I've never seen a stock Vulcan 2000, I have no idea what I'm looking at.
Sorry for the picture quality. It was dark and my bike just got rained on (water spots on chrome).
--------------

Hard Krome 3" Big Straights exhaust = $700

Cobra Fi2000R = $300

Forcewinder Intake / K&N Filter = $300

(2) Kuryakyn Round Shift Peg Covers = $40 / Kuryakyn Flamed Floorboard Covers = $ 160

Show Chrome V-Style radiator grille = $170

UNKNOWN: FRONT WHEEL 11 spokes, chrome. Tire size 150/80 R16

UNKNOWN: REAR WHEEL 11 spokes, chrome. Tire size 240/40 R18

UNKNOWN: CHROME REAR CALIPER COVER

UNKNOWN: INTEGRATED BRAKE LIGHT/TURN SIGNAL LICENSE PLATE HOLDER EMBEDDED IN REAR FENDER / LED REAR TURN SIGNALS

UNKNOWN: REAR BELT PULLEY

UNKNOWN: HANDLEBARS / STEEL BRAIDED FRONT BRAKE LINE / CUSTOM NACELLE WORK / Kuryakyn ISO-Grips = $80

UNKNOWN: LED FRONT TURN SIGNALS

UNKNOWN: CHROME HORN

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Additionally, does anyone have recommendations for insurance companies for custom bikes? It appears as though many companies want receipts for custom work, which is obviously impossible given I bought the bike used. I've been recommended Hagerty. Is that the best option out there?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Does it sound like a Hardly? Those may be pipes off a Hardley. That air thing a ma jig looks like it would come off a Hardly too. Must be expensive as well. Probably gonna be real expensive to insure all that stuff you have there.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
bn, yor killin yerself with overdo. 1st most all that stuff is not worth half what it mite cost up front new. 2nd, yor insurance will only cover the scrap value of any bike if you total it which is really ez to do. 3rd, if you have extended insurance on yor bike, they will only cover up to that amount. 4th, depending, you may wind up paying premium for insurance that will offset any amount you mite get IF you had a legitimate claim.
what am saying is dont go overboard trying to value stuff that your not going to ever see recoup. If that is yor aim, best just sell that stuff ebay and put your bike bak to stok.

Total. when you splash yor rigg, the estimated cost of repair(high) exceed the scrap value of the bike(low), You are out of the picture. The Insurance company WILL total your bike for a nominal amount and maybe if your lucky if you have coverage for some of the value of the accessories.. dont believe me? ask enough fellas on these forums. they will tell you the truth. not watt you want to hear. poncho

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
The pipes LOOK like Cobra Longs (I had the shorties for years). They should say Cobra on them. Although, I've never seen the inside of any pipe have that "cover" with a little hole in it. Man, that would constrict the airflow.. bad.

Wheels are by RC Components. Rear is larger than stock (stock is 16).

Matching rear pulley from RC Components.

Blinkers (front and back) are "small bullets" from Kuryakyn.

Rear Caliper cover is from "Show Chrome Accessories"

Rear license plate holder - Probably Kuryakyn, but same product is made by many. Really nothing special.

(btw, you mentioned in your "intro" post that it was a custom rear fender. It's not... it's stock rear fender)

Both chrome belt guards (upper and lower) are from "show chrome accessories".

Chrome Horn is stock (on LT models).

The "Air Filter thingy" is a EMGO Crankcase Vent filter (less than $20 btw).

Missing front right brake Caliper and rotor (I assume to show off the wheel more. But sure would affect your stopping ability).

---------------------------

Ooook.. so dude!! You bought this bike, with only 4,500 miles on it..and cost only FIVE Grand!!??!!

The RC Component wheels and pulley (new) cost OVER 3k, just by themselves. I know, cause I have them also.

When it comes to insurance, you don't really insure each "item". You insure the bike itself, they you add "after-market accessory" insurance.

I don't remember what I have mine as, but i remember it was very cheap to cover thousands of dollars in accessories.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
you mentioned in your "intro" post that it was a custom rear fender. It's not... it's stock rear fender)
thats a barron rear fender with recessed license and stop lamp. it is shorter and wider than stok w/o the hump down the middle. similar to the blank steel fender I have.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all so much. I'm not overly concerned with recouping any expense that I didn't incur in regards to insurance. I was more concerned with getting a rough idea of how much the accessories are worth, so I know what accessory coverage to take out :)

Again, you're all wonderful. Thank you

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh, btw smedlin. The exhaust pic is an illusion. It's open 3" dual Hard Krome exhaust (just bought the quiet baffles from Hard Krome directly, haven't put them in yet), and picked up the Hard Kore end cap style baffles just in case it's still not quiet enough for me.

That hole you see is where the original baffles connected up before the PO removed them. :good:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey all, just wanted to give an update:

Just switched to Rider from Progressive. Rates cut nearly in half for even better coverage. No mileage or usage restrictions. And their claims department said they cover all custom parts up to $8,000 regardless of receipts, no questions asked, unlike Progressive. For my own sake, I have all of these photos, but I just wanted to share the good news, since Progressive had most recently stated they would not cover it unless I had receipts and the vehicle was certified appraised.

Safe riding.
bn

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am not sure those are Hard Krome 3" Big Straights. All the pics I have seen show the pipes coming all the way back to the rear of the bike. Maybe I'm wrong, but that is what I remember seeing. Also, that price is a little high for those pipes, assuming they are Hard Krome 3" Big Straights. I just ordered a set this morning from Amazon and they were $449.99 with free shipping.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Again, as I said, prices are MSRP for insurance purposes only. Also, according to Hard Krome (I stated I called them) they are 3" Big Straights based on the serial number. Thanks though lol

Remember, the pipes may not look as long because the back wheel is 18".

This bike is intriguingly odd. lmao

1 - 14 of 14 Posts