Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
looking at the LS2 OF569 3/4 helmet. do not want black, narrowed my choices to Candy Red, Gunmetal and White. Senior 65 yo DSCF0397 (800x600).jpg added Silver into the mix

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hi GT

With those choices I would vote for red to match the bike. But I would pick Black, because "Black is Faster". ?

WEG

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,856 Posts
I have a silver and a black helmet.

Attachments

·
Registered
529 Posts
Dont get red! It will never match the red of your bike and looks bad. My vote is silver or gunmetal. Maybe white if its matte and dull.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I have several. Hi-vis yellow modular, black half, and matte white (dull) half.

I wouldn't get red unless your heart is really set on that, and I agree getting it to match your bike will be hard.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Silver is my vote

·
Registered
226 Posts
I like wearing my white modular. Puts a nice visible white spot nice and high for people to see, not that they do..

·
Registered
35 Posts
I used to try and find matte black in any helmet I bought, but after our daughter came, I started looking for more hi-viz options, and found a doable Scorpion EX-500 "Oil" graphic helmet that has a base color of hi viz yellow. Loud, and not my normal style, but I have gotten comments from friends that see me on the road of how easily they can see me. I have traded off the cool factor for visibility.

·
Registered
214 Posts
900bubba
Love the Shark, I have only been out with it a couple of times and this is my first full face. Very comfortable, love the chin bar, both visors work very well for me. So far I have not been able to test the ventilation it is still cool here in Toronto. Compared to my HJC 3/4 (one that looks like a fighter jet helmet the fit is much better and the quality kills the HJC.

Sizing wise, I found it to be a better fit for me than the Shoei neotech. Some people have complained about the noise and weight neither bother me.

I purchased it from my Kawi dealer. In Canada they are imported by Yamaha. I really wanted the Hakka design - would have taked 4 months to get from France. They had this one on the shelf and gave me a great price (bought it in Feb.).

I decided on this helmet after talking with a police officer who was using it - they are all sitching to them here so they have the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I bought a blue one a few years ago to match my bike, but now wish I'd gone with something more neutral (silver or white). Have my eye on a red bike now, and that blue helmet's going to look kinda odd.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I read a lot about this last year and somewhere I read a safety article about helmet colors. Gray/silver was considered the least SAFE because from behind it didn't contrast with the color road surface. Black was also bad because it was invisible after dark or near dark. The safest colors were the florescent greens and the white. I went with the white modular as it is visible under most conditions. Also seems to be the color of choice for the Police bikers. I have two blacks, a full and a half, and a silver half hidden in my storage closet.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for all the replys, narrowed it down to silver or gunmetal. like others have said it would be hard to match Passion Red and probably be a little too much red besides.

·
Registered
529 Posts
thanks for all the replys, narrowed it down to silver or gunmetal. like others have said it would be hard to match Passion Red and probably be a little too much red besides.
My ninja 650 was passion red. I purchased a rear seat cover that came primed but not painted. I ordered the three stage from colorrite and got really close, but good eyes could tell the difference. Never try to match red, just doesn't work. Oh and never buy anything metal that claims to be red when you own a passion red bike. It will always look pink.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Why dont you try a combination that matches your bike's color? Say red & silver or black?

See what I did with mine

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Why dont you try a combination that matches your bike's color? Say red & silver or black?

See what I did with mine
Max,looking at 3/4 helmets and have not found anything but solid colors. thinking off seeing if I can do hydro dipping. full helmets can find what I am looking for which is black, red and white or black red and silver. went to local bike shop and he recommended flat black which I don't want. he could order a silver or gunmetal and have it the next day, it is a HJC. it has the tinted shield that pops up and down. really no hurry as a buddy let me use one of his.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
... but I have gotten comments from friends that see me on the road of how easily they can see me. I have traded off the cool factor for visibility.
I get the same comments because I've never gotten into the "cool factor" with my gear. High vis yellow/black Shoei Neotec modular helmet, high vis yellow/black riding jacket (armored), and even high-vis yellow/black gloves as my usual riding gear. I do have a couple of non-high-vis half helmets that I might wear on parades and other leisurely rides. Even with those comments I never assume a cager is going to see me. I'll just content myself with a "cool factor" bike. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts