Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make home made lowers but I am having a hell of a time locating cushion clamps for mounting to the fork tubes. I'm looking for these: http://shop1.mailordercentral.com/marshfasteners/prodinfo.asp?number=RUBCLAMP40
I tried Home Depot, Lowes, NAPA, Brofasco and a couple of smaller local Auto supply shops. The closest I find is 1". The vendor in the link above doesn't ship to Canada. I tried looking at some other online vendors (Granger, Cisco) but can't seem to find the 2 1/2" clamps, and I am weary about paying for shipping - home made lowers project is all about keeping the cost really low)..

So I'm hoping someone in the Toronto area who has made homemade lowers can tell me where to find these!

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Not sure what you are putting them on, but for my 800 classic, I used a vynol cover conduit clamp for 3 1/2" conduit to fit on my lower fork covers for the lowers I made. If you can find the ones you are looking for, but adifferent size at Granger, try calling them and give them the part number, and tell them thesize you are looking for. I used to order from them for a maintenance job I used to have. Got parts I could not find in thier ctologue that way. Worth a ry.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try West Marine on Lakeshore ave. Ask for Anchor products Stainless Steel cushion clamps 2.5" dia. Part #404252.
Yep. They have them on their web site. Out of stock online on the 2.5"! I'll give them a call tomorrow. Will also try other marine shops closer to me in Ajax. Thank you and thanks for all the other replies!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts