Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have a 2013 Vaquero and park my bike in a garage with several other bikes/scooters. I found a small metal piece under my bike, and am not sure if it came from my bike. I am not a mechanically inclined person, and I just want to make sure my bike doesn't fall apart in mid ride :/! Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks like you have it on a granite counter top.

Hard to tell what size it is. Doesn't look threaded.

What does the bottom look like?

Is it metal or chromed plastic?

At a glance, it looks like the insignia button from an Imperial officers cap from the "Starwars" movies.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
It looks a bit like a muffler bearing. When was the last time you had that serviced? It sort of looks like the blinker fluid cap but it would've leaked by now if it was that.

Just kidding, of course. No clue. We need better pictures! Probably wouldn't hurt to get under your bike and look for any obvious signs of something missing.

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
Something that goes with that loose nut between the handle bars and the seat maybe?

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Something that goes with that loose nut between the handle bars and the seat maybe?
I have that problem. There's no repair. You just learn to deal. :D

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Looks like a friction cap like you see on risers or anywhere else a service screw is located. Can you turn it the other way?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Can I eat it?

Doesn't look like anything very useful to me either. I'm thinking it's just happenstance unless you find something obvious or not working suddenly.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
That is definitely a doodad off a thingy.

What other toys did you say your bike shares space with?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I thinks I recognize it.

I believe it to be a part of a clamp. It would have a matching disk thingy and the narrow disks face one another and a steel band bent into a "U" goes over them and the whole shebang is fixed together with a bolt through the steel strap and disks. The clamp is a "cheapie" sometimes used to hold exhaust pipes together or to the frame.

Is your bike parked next to a Harley?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You guys are awesome! There is a bike parked next to mine with those style of pegs, and that piece was missing on it. Thanks for the hep guys, vaquero for life!

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Found it!

It's part of a U-clamp.....
I think there needs to be some kind of Vulcan Forum award for this find. Great job Arvis....

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts