Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm a new member. I just picked up an 07 V2K Classic LT which I love! While inspecting my new love I discovered something I did not expect to see. Inside the box labeled "TOOL", (behind the right side cover) I found no tools but there is a small black box with wires coming out that are connected somewhere. There are no markings on it but on top there is a bubble level gauge. Is this standard or add-on?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi. I'm a new member. I just picked up an 07 V2K Classic LT which I love! While inspecting my new love I discovered something I did not expect to see. Inside the box labeled "TOOL", (behind the right side cover) I found no tools but there is a small black box with wires coming out that are connected somewhere. There are no markings on it but on top there is a bubble level gauge. Is this standard or add-on?
Add on, maybe used to level bike while checking oil level.
Bare

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Photo of mystery part

Thanks, guys. Here is more info. There are wires coming out of the little black box. Black and Red wires go to the battery - red is connected and black is not connected. A few other wires come out and follow the stock harness through a grommet and under the rear fender. I have not had time to look further. photo attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Old Bike Guy,

No. The brake light is steady. But, only the red wire is connected. Tonight after work I will connect the black wire to see what happens. The bubble level makes me think it is some kind of security system, but the dealer didn't know about it. But the dealer didn't even know about the 4 year extended warranty on the bike either!

·
Registered
538 Posts
I missed the BUBBLE part part in the original post....the alarm guess is most likely right. Let us know.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mystery solved

I crawled under the bike and traced the wires to a pair of red LED strips that are mounted on each side of the tail light. I connected the black wire and rocked the bike forward and hit the brake. The LED strips flash rapidly for a couple of seconds and go off. Nifty. I wonder why it was disconnected. photo attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
538 Posts
I crawled under the bike and traced the wires to a pair of red LED strips that are mounted on each side of the tail light. I connected the black wire and rocked the bike forward and hit the brake. The LED strips flash rapidly for a couple of seconds and go off. Nifty. I wonder why it was disconnected. photo attached.
AH HA!! I was right the first time. I just had the wrong light.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sounds cool, does anyone have a link to LED brake lights or LED licence plate frames and how to install. Need to brighten up the rear and make safer.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I thought it was a Bomb, but didnt want to scare you.
UScgMac... nice!!!

Vylkyrn2K, could it be it was against the law were the bike was from?
Dan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts