Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2012 Voyager 1700, went to get it inspected and failed for the rear shock leak :-( dealer wanted $619.00 for 1 shock and of course you cant do just one side $1,238.00 for parts plus labor. Can anyone guide me to a good set of rear aftermarket shocks?

·
Super Moderator
5,343 Posts
I agree VLR20777. That why I stated there are no quality inexpensive shocks. Getting used is also a gamble because don’t really know condition. Just giving the member all options and letting him decide. I hope he goes with the Progressives. I don’t buy Chinese products for any of my vehicles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree VLR20777. That why I stated there are no quality inexpensive shocks. Getting used is also a gamble because don’t really know condition. Just giving the member all options and letting him decide. I hope he goes with the Progressives. I don’t buy Chinese products for any of my vehicles.
Thanks, I did look at the progressive 430's but every one is out of stock.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was afraid of that. In the mean time, I'd buy a cheap used stock shock to pass your certification inspeciton, but call Progressive to get an ETA on availability. BTW, have you tried pumping up your stock shock and adjusting the preload? Just wipe it down before taking it in. It might be enough to pass your inspection. couldn't hurt to try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts