Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won't embarass myself with telling how, but I put a Quarter size and 2 Dime size dings in my fuel tank. The paint was unharmed except for a minor scratch outside of the dented area. I have the stuff to take care of that.
I just know that you smart folks can help me fix my wounds. The Bike is debadged so I'm hoping it makes the repair a little easier. :(

·
Registered
186 Posts
I won't embarass myself with telling how, but I put a Quarter size and 2 Dime size dings in my fuel tank. The paint was unharmed except for a minor scratch outside of the dented area. I have the stuff to take care of that.
I just know that you smart folks can help me fix my wounds. The Bike is debadged so I'm hoping it makes the repair a little easier. :(
I would take it to a dentless removal repair shop and see if they can fix it. It's painless and downright amazing what those folks can really do! I've done it several times and always satisfied.

Skeeter

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hey Skeeter, if you don't mind can you give a ball park figure, what they charged you, I have one small ding, size of a dime, (i swear to GOD I did not do it, "that my story and I am sticking to it" :))that I may just accept but knowing is better.

Ride safe and keep the shiny bits in the air.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey Skeeter, if you don't mind can you give a ball park figure, what they charged you, I have one small ding, size of a dime, (i swear to GOD I did not do it, "that my story and I am sticking to it" :))that I may just accept but knowing is better.

Ride safe and keep the shiny bits in the air.
I paid around $35 and had two taken out on my Valkyrie Tourer. One on the front fender (the largest and deepest) and one on the tank (very small). It's been 4+ years since then, so prices probably have changed somewhat. Where you live may also effect the pricing, but to me it was WELL WORTH ever penny! I would have gladly paid more to removel those ugly suckers.

I would just call a few shops and get a ballpark estimate.

Skeeter

·
Registered
424 Posts
Thanks Skeeter mine is very small and I am probaly the only who will notice it, right above the right badge, so i will probaly wait.

Thank you.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thanks Skeeter mine is very small and I am probaly the only who will notice it, right above the right badge, so i will probaly wait.

Thank you.
Now there's the real problem, the owner ALWAYS notices the imperfections! lol

Skeeter

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I think dent removal svc is best option for me. I may end up damaging something or blowing myself up.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Speaking of embarrassing, my friend (who just cashed in his rrsp's and said the fu** with retirement savings) bought himself a brand new Harley Rocker. What a bike.....anyways, he bungee corded his sleeping bag on to his bike and headed to Quebec for a business meeting. When he arrived at his hotel, he unfastened his bungee cord....it slipped... arced through the air and WHAP. Right on his gas tank. He damn near cried. 1000.00 Dollars damage.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Watch Out, You Could Put An Eye Out With That Thing!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts