Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have this large Harley Davidson (styled) Motorcycle trunk that my fiancé bought for me, and I need to figure out how I'm supposed to attach a trunk to my 2007 Vulcan 500.

My bike still isn't road worthy yet... But It's almost there. So how do I do this??? Please help me! I can fit two full face helmets into my trunk (1 Medium & 1 Extra Large)! And because she is not comfortable riding yet (Because she's only rode twice 10 years ago), she defiantly wanted something to make her feel more secure. I've read people concerned how flimsy this trunk is, but she weighs less than 100 pounds! So I can't see this being an issue.

This is my first cruiser and I'm am a novice at all this stuff.

Thank You for all of your help! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just bought one of these also,so its in the mail.are you pretty happy with the quality of it?We going on a trip this summer and thought this might give a little more comfort and storage plus it has a rack on it to put another bag.The way the bracket looked,it will just bolt on the fender brackets,we will see...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Did it come with any mounting brackets? I don't have one that big, but the one I have is mounted to the luggage rack. You will probably have to custom make some brackets to mount it. The brackets would be attached to the chrome rail, below the seat, on the rear fender and then to the trunk mounting holes. The bolts on the fender rail can be removed and the bracket attached using these bolts. (You may have to get longer bolts) Do not remove all the bolts at once. Remove them one at a time and use a bit of thread locker when putting them back in. That is how the luggage rack is mounted.
Link to the luggage rack http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?cat_id=23&menu=Kawasaki%20Sissy%20Bars&product_id=191&s=prod.php

1 - 4 of 4 Posts