Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I purchased plans to build a lift amd the plans aren't very complete. I can build the majority of it without too much difficulty but the actual lifting mechanism is a hydraulic ram from an engine hoist. My issue is how do I convert a manual hydraulic ram into on powered by a compressor? The plans show a 3/4 HP motor powering a hydraulic pump but they don't show what to buy or how to assemble it and convert the manual ram over. Has anyone done this or know how? Any help would be greatly appreciate. Thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ok so I purchased plans to build a lift amd the plans aren't very complete. I can build the majority of it without too much difficulty but the actual lifting mechanism is a hydraulic ram from an engine hoist. My issue is how do I convert a manual hydraulic ram into on powered by a compressor? The plans show a 3/4 HP motor powering a hydraulic pump but they don't show what to buy or how to assemble it and convert the manual ram over. Has anyone done this or know how? Any help would be greatly appreciate. Thanks
sounds complicated. First, I'm not picturing how an air compressor would have anything to do with a hydraulic system at all?

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
At one time, I seriously considered building my own lift table. Then I discovered Harbor Freight. When they have a sale and especially if a particular store lets you use a 20% coupon on a sale item, you can't possibly build one yourself cheaper. Now, I am considering putting an air/hydraulic ram or using a motor and screw to replace the ram that comes on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts