Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i posted on here back in june about a tranny problem. took it apart found nothing put back together noise is gone.made a 5000 mile trip.
now the problem heading into work today and the ass end started to bounce around and my drive belt is 1/2 gone instead of 40 mm wide its like 20mm wide.any toughts would be nice and im looking in to the eruo gears any one know where to order them and how hard it would be to put in the bike? thank u

2006 vn 2000 limited rode hard and put up wet 65,000 miles lol

·
Registered
864 Posts
You might wana check your rear tire alignment when you put a new belt on as well ... You can also research going to a different rear pulley 70 tooth verses the stoke thats 72 . Some have said its a similar change to the euro gears and lots easier .... Bulldozer

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks i seen the info from the rouge page. i think something is messed up with the primary drive pully shaft bearing to make the belt do what it did. i guess time for a tear down of the motor trans not fun. and i read about people revering or changing the gears from front to back. that seems like a big gear change. any one try it yet

·
Registered
305 Posts
65k, wow cool. my cars don't even have that many miles. it's good to know the 2053cc engine can go the distance.
Most bikes now can go the distance without fail as long as proper upkeep is done. My friend traded in his Nomad with 145,000 miles without a single problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts