Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
I've got a scorpion EXO100 that I use most days. When it gets colder I switch to a full face Vega Altura. I just don't think a full face looks right on a cruiser...

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I have a full face I wear when the weather's cold and a three-quarter with a shield for the rest of the time. I don't actually like wearing one, but it's better than eating bugs or splitting my skull open.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I have a full face, but am getting a 3/4 this week.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got a scorpion EXO100 that I use most days. When it gets colder I switch to a full face Vega Altura. I just don't think a full face looks right on a cruiser...
I have one similar to your scorpion, the Gmax 55S. And I agree with you that a full face doesn't look right on a cruiser..... but for protection... Full face is the best!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Helmet style

fullface, open face w/shield and a shorty half-helmet. The shorty looks to be my fave just bec the celtic cross design and style matches my cruiser. Best protection is another story.:cool:

·
Registered
311 Posts
I always use a full-face helmet, May not look Cool ( and yes some of my friends that don't wear helmets give me a hard time) and that is OK (to each's own I guess) Here are a few reasons why I don't care much about what they think or say.

Haven a front blow out at over 100 mph and I never even had a chance to hit the brakes before I was on the ground,
Slamming into a quarter panel of a car that pulled out in front of me,
Hitting a steal beam gate doing about 40mph one night that they had just installed that day and painted it black with no reflectors.
I even had a deer run right in the side of me as I was doing about 50mph, the side was better than the front I guess still my leg did not care for it much,

This is just to name a few that I have been through, some where my own fault but some I had no control over.
Of coarse this was in my younger years when I was a little more on the daredevil side even with that being said you never know what can happen no matter how careful you are. So to me Cool is being alive I contribute that to always wearing a full-face helmet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
+1 to the above,

I wear a full-face Shoei all the time. I do sometimes have a hankering for the gorgeous Davida jet helmets, but I'm too chicken. Like the above, I've been down the road a time or two over my 36 years of riding, and don't want to get any uglier. :beat-up:

A flip front like the Roof boxer I think would be as far as I might go. Anyone for the flip front design?

Andy

·
Registered
146 Posts
ATGATT. I wear a full face Scorpion EXO-700 and I am ALWAYS cool looking when riding my 900 :p

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I go lidless, unless it's lower 40's or colder, then I go with a full face. I need to get a half shell, though, for mandatory helmet states. Before anyone sidetracks this thread, yes, I know all of the pros/cons, and I've weighed them out already. :D

·
Registered
950 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just wondering what style of helmet most VN900 riders use, Full face, three quarter shell or half shell?
I have all three:) I never wear the half shell if I plan on being out of the city limits. last time I did a wasp came in, right between the chin strap and my ear. It got stuck in there and started stinging. Sounds funny now but it sucked at the time.:eek:

Was wearing a 3/4, something got kicked up and hit the face shield hard enough to crack it. I would have hated to have it happen on my bare face.:eek:

When I was younger my buddy David went over the handle bars and hit the concrete face first. I am sure a full face would have been a benefit. Luckily it just broke his nose, jaw, scraped up his face and took some teeth out.:eek: He's fine now, and his deentures look great:D.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i wear a full face my buddies all ride without but i like my chin and teeth to much i get tempted to go without then i remember what my racing school instructor said " It only takes 1 time and unfortunatly we never know when that time is " funny how that has stuck with me all these years

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
full face (modular) I like to talk too much for my jaw/chin to get busted!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts