Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I use ear buds and an Ipod Nano. Hundreds of songs and a nice small footprint. Clip it to the bottom of my jacket and off I go.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Curious about that myself.
Currently use noise-cancelling earbuds with my mp3 player. By that I mean the type with the different size rubber outers so you can fit them to your ear and they act like earplugs too. Pretty handy but they tend to vibrate out on the vulcan after an hour or so.

·
Registered
409 Posts
When I choose to listen to music when I am riding, I also use noise cancelling earbuds with different adapters. I have my mp3 players with about 500 songs at my fingertips that I just use the clip to fasten it inside my jacket or vest. I also wear a half helmet and the earbuds don't blow out with the wind or anything.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I don't wear a helmet, earbuds won't work. They blow right out. And when I do wear a helmet I have to route the wires just right otherwise the windstream floats them right in front of my face. But I have a set of bluetooth stereo headphones that work great. I can hear the bike and the traffic and my music. I used to have Insignia (best buy store brand) but one of my last rides of the summer I had to jump off the bike really fast (I had to pee and was racing my bro-in law to the biffy) and they flew off my head and busted up in the parking lot. Best buy dont carry the Insignia ones anymore, but they have these Rocketfish ones for like $59. They are probably made by the same company that made the Insignia ones.

I have seen some helmet speakers at the dealer. They are called Thumpers. http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=&store=&catId=&productId=p408061&leafCatId=&mmyId= They velcro into the helmet. When I finally spend some money on a good helmet I think I am going to get these. I really gotta start wearing a helmet again.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Those look almost exactly like the ones I recommended in your other thread. They can handle several watts of power, with most Mp3 being around 2 watss you'll be plenty safe.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Go the Scala Rider Q2 headset if u want to spend a bit, 2 earpieces, waterproof, comes with 6 FM stations you can save, also an MP3 jack for Iphone/Ipod ect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts