Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I know that locks just keep honest people honest and that if someone really wants to steal my stuff they will. That being said, has anyone used a cable lock like this? I figured I would pass the cable through a sleeve, then through the helmet "d" ring then to my sissy bar... any thoughts or experiences?

thanks,
truckie453

http://www.amazon.com/Master-Lock-4605D-3-Foot-Retractable/dp/B000BD69G0

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I occasionally use a similar lock that came with my Kuryakyn GranTour bag. It's a visible deterrant, although it's hard for them to hold enough cable to go through a sleeve, I'd think, unless you scrunch it up a bit?

·
Premium Member
336 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I occasionally use a similar lock that came with my Kuryakyn GranTour bag. It's a visible deterrant, although it's hard for them to hold enough cable to go through a sleeve, I'd think, unless you scrunch it up a bit?
How long is the cable that came with your lock? The one on this model says 3 feet. I'm not sure how much I would need...

IDK, the reviews on the link are not very good.

Rod
I'm not sold on this one, it is just what google showed me. I know there are helmet only locks, but I am also worried about my jacket too.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
How long is the cable that came with your lock? The one on this model says 3 feet. I'm not sure how much I would need...
About 3, but remember it's got to loop, so usable... a little less than 1.5 feet. Perhaps look into a locking Tbag or some lockable saddle bags? Or a larger bike cable?

I've never needed to lock down a jacket though. If it's cool enough to wear, it's worn when I get off the bike as well.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
About 3, but remember it's got to loop, so usable... a little less than 1.5 feet. Perhaps look into a locking Tbag or some lockable saddle bags? Or a larger bike cable?

I've never needed to lock down a jacket though. If it's cool enough to wear, it's worn when I get off the bike as well.
I didn't even think of the fold over factor, thanks for pointing that out.

As far as the jacket, I try to wear one even if it is hot. I usually switch to a perforated textile jacket in the middle of the summer instead of my leather...

I've been interested in this one for securing helmets and jackets

http://www.boltlockcorp.com/

Bob
Ottawa, Canada
That one looks interesting, I'm not sure where I'd want to put it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts