Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Many of the higher end full face helmets have excellent ventillation! But they come with a $$price$$.

Helmets work by distributing energy across a shell. I would imagine large cutout vents like on a bicycle helmet would weaken it's ability to do just that (motorcycles go faster and crash harder than bicycles!), those large holes would also not protect from piercing objects.

There is some space-age technology using peltier elements to cool components on spacecraft with very little space, electricity, no liquids, etc. I look forward to a time when our helmets and gear have that kind of climate control technology! Just turn a dial and set the temp, doesn't matter what it's doing outside, hot or cold!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I agree with the fact that an object could find its way to the skull through a slit. At high speeds, a small pebble could pierce the skin. A helmet like this would not pass inspection even if it could protect from major trauma.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
The truth is a high end helmet offers tremendous ventillation, so much so you'll think it has those big holes. They just aren't cheap!

They make evaporative doo rags (similar to evap vests). Perhaps that's a good solution for keeping your lid cool.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts