Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost bought a HJC helmet today (staying under $200). Tried on a hjc cl-max2 modular. Fit great on top but the sides felt looser then the hjc CL-17 did. And the CL-17 had alot better vents for the hot desert and upright ridding.

But she put a red spot on top of my big forehead.

Can I rub, press, or even sand a bit of that internal styraphome liner to help remove that hot-spot?

Ive been looking for ao long now for places to carry my 66cm 3XL medium oval - neutral oval (according to youtube videos) shaped head. Amd local shops either dont have any or have the 2 I am speaking about. And thats it. And I dont have no 4-$600 for a Nolan or arai helmet

I really liked the cl-17. And the vents looked like they would work well in the desert sun. the hjc cl17 fit snug all around. All but for that hipoint wwould sanding it work?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Same issue for me with my old HJC and my current GMAX, look up 'spooning' its where you take a metal spoon and with an idiotic amount of force compress the foam in the area where it contacts your forehead. I'm trying to see if I can locate a modular helmet for a long-oval shaped head as I'm kinda running out of patience with my current one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts