Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recieved my Cardo Scala Packtalk. Hope to try it out this weekend. I haven't heard to much about helmet coms on this forum. What have you guys used. Any input is welcome its all new to me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I use a Nolan N43 helmet that is amazing in itself. It goes from full face to open face in a couple easy steps and has a sunshade also in helmet operated by a slider. It fits well and if you ask me a nice helmet well made. I have the NCOM sound system installed in it lasts about 8 to 9 hours on a battery charge. Has bike to bike and intercom, preselected FM stations and bluetooth which hooks up to my iphone or ipod and especially my gps. I use the gps now only with all my songs downloaded on it and it gives me voice directions in my helmet. Great sound and I love the system would not get another brand myself.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Helmet Coms

I have used the Cardo Scala system for years. Riding alone, I like the seamless transition from music, phone calls and navigation directions all from my phone. My son and I both have them, so when we ride we can communicate bike-to-bike.

The key with this, or I imagine any system, is a quiet helmet with low road and bike noise. Otherwise, you have to run the volume up so high it can damage your ears.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Sena 20S here. Glad I have a wife I enjoy talking to. She's my best friend, why wouldn't I? Wanting to not be able to hear ones spouse sounds miserable, yikes. Why not just leave her home then if you aren't enjoying your time together? None of my business I guess. Just the sort of comments I've never understood and, I suppose, I'm glad I don't understand.

Works great. I don't really use the music features because my Vaquero has a stereo, but the intercom features work great. We can have a conversation going down the highway at 75 like we're sitting in a car together. Range is good (wife rides her own most of the time). We can communicate if we get separated in traffic or separated by a light or something. Also works well with the cellphone, people can't tell I'm on the bike. Though I rarely use that feature either.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Sena 20S here. Glad I have a wife I enjoy talking to. She's my best friend, why wouldn't I? Wanting to not be able to hear ones spouse sounds miserable, yikes. Why not just leave her home then if you aren't enjoying your time together? None of my business I guess. Just the sort of comments I've never understood and, I suppose, I'm glad I don't understand.

Works great. I don't really use the music features because my Vaquero has a stereo, but the intercom features work great. We can have a conversation going down the highway at 75 like we're sitting in a car together. Range is good (wife rides her own most of the time). We can communicate if we get separated in traffic or separated by a light or something. Also works well with the cellphone, people can't tell I'm on the bike. Though I rarely use that feature either.
I love my Wife Romans, she is my best friend and partner in crime. We do absolutely everything together. However, for example she tells me that she is not a morning person and let me tell you, she is a rattlesnake before coffee and at least 9:00 am. And me well, when I am in the groove on a ride and listening to great tunes on a road trip I just want to enjoy the view sometimes without engaging in conversation. She understands. If she has to pee she just pokes me in the Kidneys..lol

·
Registered
547 Posts

r.
Its called humor... pretty normal stuff where I come from... :doh:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Greetings,

Sena SMH10's *love* them. Like Romans, we enjoy talking to each other. She has a modular LS2 helmet and I a Nolan. Will buy another pair for the spare helmets. Easy transition from MUSIC, PHONE, COMMS.
Enthusiastic two thumbs up.

Ride Safe,
Smokier

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I have the Sena 20s and it's awesome. I can hear the music all the time. The phone calls (testing) are clear. I had a harder time hearing my roommate with his speaker phone activated than he had hearing me on the bike at 60.

·
Registered
156 Posts
My wife and I love the Sena 20s, the intercom is great, not had much luck with the radio, it's more my fault than the Senas I'm sure.The biggest thing I really like is that they are constantly upgrading the soft wear, so about once every couple weeks I plug em in andd upgrade the software.

HalfBreed

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
BTW. Anyone interested in a 2010 Triumph Thunderbird 1600 SE fully loaded. She who must be obeyed has decreed that I don't need two motorcycles. In a way she is right. Can only ride one at a time and the extra room in the garage would be nice. Coming dear...................

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the input guys. The Scala Packtalk worked great. I really liked it when we were in a new town on the trip this weekend and we were looking for a gas station or store. Talking with my son in law on the his bike was good as long as you had line of sight. We had a little wind noise on the mikes with 3/4 helmets at 60+ but I kind of expected that to happen. I would expect full face helmets to be real quiet. I think they are a nice addition.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts