Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Eh... good for them. Nothing goofier than this post-Sons of Anarchy thing of making a back patch a fashion statement. When you start seeing teenage girls wearing t-shirts with a faux-three piece patch on the back, somethin' ain't right!

I don't wear a three piece patch. Don't intend to. But I also don't walk around in a firemans uniform because I'm not a firefighter. But maybe that'll be the next fashion trend? Everyone wear a helmet and carry an axe!

·
Registered
63 Posts
As a graphic designer by profession this is clearly ripping off someone else's established artwork. It's a cheap shot the clothing line absolutely tried to capitalize on....but why? I can see someone getting the beating of a lifetime if they ran into a real club member mocking their patch.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can see someone getting the beating of a lifetime if they ran into a real club member mocking their patch.

I could absolutely see this happening, in the right bar...at the right time...after the right number of drinks...

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Why be something your not by wearing knock of MC patches. If you want to dress like your are in a MC then be in one. I wonder how many of these biker wanna-be's know what the HA patch looks like any way?

It's not the issue that gave me a little laugh but the way it was written, in true TMZ style: "The Hells Angels don't need baseball bats and chains to protect their image..." (copy and past from the link)

If they have all their paperwork in place and have a TM or Copyright, or what ever you need for a symbol, then they deserve their day in court to protect the use of their symbol, just like anyone else. The right thing to do is still the right thing to do no matter who it is for.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Compounding the weirdness is the racial aspect - I don't think Hells Angels are particularly warm toward blacks (presumably the intended demographic of the clothing). So that's TWO beatings - one for mocking, one for being unwhite.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts