Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Home - Hells Canyon Motorcycle Rally
Home - Hells Canyon Motorcycle Rally
It's $80 including camping at the high school, cheap!

July 12-16 in Historic Baker City, Oregon.

I think we have 3 bikes going now, and more would be merrier!
It looks like a fun rally, in a beautiful part of the country, with many fun rides through fantastic canyons showing much stratified rock. Also, Oregon is the micro-brew capital of the universe, and summer camping conditions there are perfect. It's in Eastern Oregon on the Idaho Border, but close to parts of Montana, Nevada and Utah.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Yep, I am going for damned sure.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Yep, the old lady just gave her official sanction for me to go to Hell's Canyon (I was going anyway but its nice to get the approval without any griping about it.)
I have registered and am good to go.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Bought a 2-person tent today. It secures nicely for the trip and won't be an issue. I still need to pick up a compact-packed sleeping bag. Until then I can't completely organize the packing of the bike.

The bike will need no special prep for this, aside from final packing.

I think the wife is looking forward to getting me out of her hair for a while. She went with me to McChord the other day to buy some of those small, travel-sized shampoo's/deodorant/toothbrush-kit type things.

I've got to tell her no wild parties while I am gone.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
LOL, yeah, you're probably right. In my mind, I'm still a horny 18 year old. But my bones and muscles beg to differ so a nice inflatable something underneath me will pay out some benefits.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL, yeah, you're probably right. In my mind, I'm still a horny 18 year old. But my bones and muscles beg to differ so a nice inflatable something underneath me will pay out some benefits.
I got this strange picture of the "nice inflatable something underneath me", it resembled Stormy Daniels but was claimed to have been made of some sort of virgin material.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Hey Longshot.... you coming to this thing, too?

This is about the closest thing that I see to even a semi-official Pacific NorthWest Vulcan rally, regardless of the specific forum.

Even over in the VROC forum, while they have a PNWVROC (Pacific NorthWest VROC) section in their forum, they never seem to have any PNW rally. The east coast people routinely have annual rallies but not up here.

My best hope is that the people in this forum (which is a much better one, incidentally) could find it within themselves to start a new thing.

This Hell's Canyon rally will be loads of fun but its a "general" rally for all, nicely located for those people in the Washington/Oregon/Idaho area to reach. Since "X" amount of Vulcan riders will be there, why not plan on our own annual meet?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey Longshot.... you coming to this thing, too?

This is about the closest thing that I see to even a semi-official Pacific NorthWest Vulcan rally, regardless of the specific forum.

Even over in the VROC forum, while they have a PNWVROC (Pacific NorthWest VROC) section in their forum, they never seem to have any PNW rally. The east coast people routinely have annual rallies but not up here.

My best hope is that the people in this forum (which is a much better one, incidentally) could find it within themselves to start a new thing.

This Hell's Canyon rally will be loads of fun but its a "general" rally for all, nicely located for those people in the Washington/Oregon/Idaho area to reach. Since "X" amount of Vulcan riders will be there, why not plan on our own annual meet?

Nope. Kids have sporting events I need to be at.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Its now June so the rally is officially "next month".

Here's hoping that more folks will ride on down and have some fun along with us that are going.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Rally or not my bike wouldn’t fire the last time I tried to go for a ride. It cranks like a crazy but won’t fire. I’m going to drop a new set of plugs in it and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Bummer. Gotta get that ride fixed. Its like having a horse with a broken leg.

We're having our 2 year old grandson over all night tonight and won't leave until late afternoon tomorrow so essentially Saturday and Sunday (due to weather) are out for me to get any seat time in for the immediate future.

I've got a thread going on the VROC site about Hell's Canyon and it seems there may be a few going (3 to 6 perhaps). One guy just had problems with his Voyager so he bought a big Indian to replace it. He's thinking of going and if so will do the hotel-thing. Another fella says he's riding down with a "small group" and will be camping out in a friend's yard.

It'd be nice for people from both forums to get in some face-time and maybe find some new riding partners. The place is going to be humming with activity so it may take a bit of effort to find a time/place to meetup.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
10 more days to go to the Hell's Canyon Rally. I'm maybe 60% packed up already.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got the bike test packed, taking it on my 75 miles (both ways) commute today to see how tippy it is. I don't think I'm gonna be doing much canyon carving on the way there and back, but it looks like fun. Days away from my responsibilities, ahhh, priceless! Not that I particularly mind responsibilities, and I'm glad I'm functional enough to take them on, but familiarity breeds contempt! Gonna miss the dog the most, love that puppy!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Yeah, I'm going to have fun but will be missing the grandbabies.

I'll get over it.

When I get to the campsite I'll give you a call.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts