Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just reading through posts tonight. I am considering a 2010 Nomad 1700 purchase and hoping to find some information to help make a decision. Hoping to find what some pros/cons from others. I have not ridden for a few years and my last bike was a Suzuki C50. That was a bit under-powered for riding 2 up with the Mrs and I always loved the look of the Nomads so that is the first place I have begun to look now.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Welcome in sodapop
I just bought a 2010 nomad,pic in my garage,have a 900 classic also
took my first ride on it,frkn awesome,very comfortable,rides like a couch,love the seat
trans is a little cluncky first and second,due to gear cut,does not bother me,there is a slight belt whine,no biggie,trait of the bike,also hear ignition wiring should be checked under tank,rubs on tank,have not checked mine yet,due to insallation being to short.

Big bike,dwarfs the 900,not as heavy as I thought it would be,love the features,self canceling signals,cruise,6 speed,air ride.hope this helps

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome in sodapop
I just bought a 2010 nomad,pic in my garage,have a 900 classic also
took my first ride on it,frkn awesome,very comfortable,rides like a couch,love the seat
trans is a little cluncky first and second,due to gear cut,does not bother me,there is a slight belt whine,no biggie,trait of the bike,also hear ignition wiring should be checked under tank,rubs on tank,have not checked mine yet,due to insallation being to short.

Big bike,dwarfs the 900,not as heavy as I thought it would be,love the features,self canceling signals,cruise,6 speed,air ride.hope this helps
Thanks for the info. I am going out to look at the 2010 Nomad as well as a 2012 Voyager on Monday. Going to be looking around here for info and things to look out for until then. My last ride was a Suzuki C50 that I loved but for 2 up riding it was just a little under powered and I am looking for something that already set with bags, windshield and other things I had to add to the C50. I don't want to spend time and $$$ wrenching I wanna ride......

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I agree with ya on the c50,kinda like the 9 classic.Reason why I picked up the nomad.
looked at a 2013 voyager,very nice,could not afford it.I believe kawa put a air flow kit on 2012 and up on the voyager,due to the heat issue,All bikes have flaws,let us know what you get,I have the black/silver.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Hello and welcome. Good luck on your hunt, hope it brings you a real gem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts