Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a couple of questions,

What are the best years to get or to stay away from?

I rode a 05 today, it ran good but look like it spent it's life outside, so I passed.

Thanks in advance,
Gabriel

·
Registered
538 Posts
So I have a couple of questions,

What are the best years to get or to stay away from?

I rode a 05 today, it ran good but look like it spent it's life outside, so I passed.

Thanks in advance,
Gabriel
Hi Gabriel.....you're gonna buy one of those what?? Which model? LT??--Classic?? Have you tried the local dealer?? As far as which year, try a google search of the model for the past 5 or 6 years and read the reviews.

·
Registered
538 Posts
In my opinion, there are no "BEST YEARS" ...... the best one is the one you own. It will be what you make it.

Honestly, I have not heard a negative comment about any particular year so go for the best deal you can find on a low mileage LT. I have a VN2000 LT Classic and I love it. I mostly ride the big road (short touring trips), and that model suits my style best. I would still check with your local dealer first. He may have a left over at a great price. You never know. Either way, good luck and good riding!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got the '07 1500 Fi Classic with 2500 miles on it and you couldn't tell it was a used bike. At $7500 I thought it was a good buy. I've put about 300 miles a week on it preparing to go to Yellowstone in two weeks and am very satisfied with my purchase. Good luck and let us know what you get.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I also have not read a singlke bad thing about a V2K. And even do I own a 900, I had a 2K as my background pict for a long time. The bike is just... incredible. If (when?) I sell my 900 and go for that bigger thing, a V2K is definetly on the list.

As mentioned, I think just look for low miles and as many add ons as you can get that you like. You can save a few $$$ vs dealer by getting a used one, but don't expect the price to drop too much, you don't see these up for sale that much.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got one like this

I bought one it is a 07 LT with 8100 miles. chrome grill, power commander, crash bars and pegs, Vance & Hines exhaust, Vista cruise, iso grips and all the pegs match the grips, chrome bottom plate for rear floor boards, driving lights and a K&N air filter, tires are like new.
I made a 525 mile trip yesterday to Austin to get it.
I need to take some pictures.

·
Registered
538 Posts
A great lookin' bike Gabriel!! You did good lad. Enjoy it and keep the pics rolling in from those long trips I'm sure you'll be taking.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A great lookin' bike Gabriel!! You did good lad. Enjoy it and keep the pics rolling in from those long trips I'm sure you'll be taking.
Thanks, it's real comfortable. It has a little more vibs in bars compared to my Harley twin cam. I think it would be a candidate for a bar snake? Never used one though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts