Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rode an 03 1500 Classic (carb) the other day and now I'm looking to get rid of my VFR and get a Vulcan (probably Nomad).

Going to look at an 03 1500 Nomad today. Any input/advice is appreciated as I'm not very familiar with Vulcan's (this will be my first cruiser)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Welcome in stb55,good line of bikes,ck 15 16 1700 forums,lots of help there,answer lots of questions
2010 nomad here,frkn love this bike

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks.

Shop made a mistake on the ad. The 03 FI Nomad 1500 ended up being an 02 1500 Nomad carb...I didn't think a carb'd Nomad was offered after 2000, but apparently it was. They don't allow test rides either...just around the small parking lot. I was concerned with the weight of the Nomad before hopping on it (heaviest bike I've ridden to date). From what I can tell...bike seems to be very well balanced at low speeds. I like it.

Need to do some research, but I'm thinking it will end up being a fuel injected Nomad 1500 for me...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
stb55,went from the 900 to 1700,very balanced bike,ckd out a 1500 and 1600,they are balanced well also,def heavier bikes but ride fantastic,I prefer fI to carb,the 1700 is a 6speed,highway riding is where these like to be,let us know how u make out,and pics

1 - 4 of 4 Posts