Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am a long time dirt bike rider, first time street bike owner. After months of exhaustive research, it was obvious the Vulcan 900 Classic was the bike for me!

I just bought a used 2010 Vulcan Classic. Once I add the windshield and a sissy bar with backrest I've ordered for it, I will post a picture. Unfortunately there will probably still be snow in the background! :mad:
I am anxiously awaiting spring here in Ohio so I can begin riding this baby!

Looking forward to reading more in the forums and leaning on the experienced riders for advice!

Go Buckeyes! O-H....I-O

·
Registered
357 Posts
Were are you located in Ohio? I am in Tiffin myself. Welcome to the group!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live just outside (a little east) of Newark, Ohio in the Licking Valley area, but I definitely will be cruising up to Tiffin when the weather breaks to go visit my son - A sophomore at Heidelberg University.

I am anxiously awaiting that cruise as we take plenty of state routes - I take Rt 586 into Mt Vernon then Rt 229 through Sparta, Marengo, Ashley and into Waldo where I catch Rt 23 up to the Tiffin Rt 53 exit - then into Tiffin. I've been driving it for 2 years each time saying to myself how nice it would be to make the trip on a bike!

Go Student Princes!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I live just outside (a little east) of Newark, Ohio in the Licking Valley area, but I definitely will be cruising up to Tiffin when the weather breaks to go visit my son - A sophomore at Heidelberg University.

I am anxiously awaiting that cruise as we take plenty of state routes - I take Rt 586 into Mt Vernon then Rt 229 through Sparta, Marengo, Ashley and into Waldo where I catch Rt 23 up to the Tiffin Rt 53 exit - then into Tiffin. I've been driving it for 2 years each time saying to myself how nice it would be to make the trip on a bike!

Go Student Princes!
Small world. I know a number of people that went to Heidelberg. Shoot me a PM when you are in town and maybe we can get together.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Small world. I know a number of people that went to Heidelberg. Shoot me a PM when you are in town and maybe we can get together.
Will Do! Thanks for welcoming me to the forums - hope to be up there (on my bike) soon!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
There are a number of members here from Ohio. I'm just up the road from you about 40min. in the little village of Warsaw.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hello from Lima. Also wanted to mention that Cincinnati/Dayton has a pretty active Vulcan club.

If these temperatures keep rising, we could be riding in the next couple of weeks...

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Welcome buckeye,I have the exact bike,06 put shield and backrest on it,great cruiser,18k on mine,just fired it up this morning

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the great welcome everyone! SW500 - We are Licking Valley Panthers! My son has wrestled a Riverview Black Bear or two!

Just added a backrest and a windshield on mine -ready to ride!

Keeping an eye on the weather - Can't wait!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts