Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in Spirit Lake Iowa and if the deal does not fall through I will be getting a 2009 Vulcan 500 in mid October. The dealer should have it in by then. I have been riding since 1965 and this will be my first Kawasaki, have had Honda and Suzuki in the past. I will need to find a luggage rack/passenger backrest to fit the Vulcan. Any suggestions? Also will be looking for a nice set of hard or soft saddle bags. I plan on using the bike to commute and some short trips with my wife and possibly some longer solo rides. To me the 500 is the perfect balance of power and economy, as I really enjoy riding the back roads and seeing the sites.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Welcome to the group dpetrick, sounds like you have this all planned out partner, glad to hear it and glad to have you here with us. Please enjoy. Check out the other sections about your questions also, I'm sure you get all the answers/responses you need my friend.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Hi dpetrick and Welcome to the forum! I went with the OEM luggage rack and passenger backrest for my 500. If your interested in a full size highway bars check with 500 rider to see if they are still available.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Howdy from Kansas. I would highly suggest that you buy the genuine accessories or Cobra. I have bought a couple different other products when I first bought my bike. I thought I was getting a better deal. come to find out they were just cheap junk. Left me wishing I had spent the extra then instead of looking for new stuff again.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Welcome aboard! I grew up not far from you, just west of Sioux Center Iowa.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts