Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Vulcan Nomad
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a 71 yr old teenager. I have a 1999 Vulcan 1500 Nomad which I am presently restoring. Glad to be a part of the group.

·
Registered
1999 Vulcan Nomad
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had the bike for several years. Purchased it from a Christian brother who need money for medical issues. Bike has never ran right. I recently sold my Harley Road King for similar reasons. Decided to dive into the Vulcan Nomad. Of course it needed a new Bat. Next the brush plate in the starter broke apart. Got all replaced and during a start test I apparently had developed a high resistance across the battery Neg ground so the next item was a bit of burnt wires. Igniter unit has obviously been replaced. Paint stick writing on it All things considered I got out my tools and checking the bike end to end. Bike not firing any of the plugs. If all else I will find a dealer to test the unit unless there is a shop version.

·
Registered
1999 Vulcan Nomad
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! I have the Clymer Manual that has the colored schematics in back. Perhaps I will check out your suggestion. Might learn something useful.

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. There are many of us "experienced" teenagers here so you'll fit right in. Hope you get your problems sorted out and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts