Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I bought a 2008 vulcan nomad in 2009 with 5000 miles. Figured it would go 100,000 with only routine maintenance only. Last year or so I replaced the sight glass. Tuesday I got towed home because of a fuel pump grommet split. Meanwhile the water pump mechanical seal is squealing at idle so I have 1 ordered. I had no difficulty rebuilding the fuel pump which kaw and clymer claim is unserviceable. I joined because I am a 1/2 a million mile plus rider that does everything myself and sooner or later I know I will need tech. tips. My previous rides were Yamaha 250 trials, Suzuki rm125, Honda cx500, Honda gl1000, Harley fxrs ridgid, Harley xlch, Harley 883, Harley FLH. No previous kaw experience. Have 78000 on the kaw and just got the clymer repair manual yesterday. It appears to show how to replace the mechanical water pump seal. I was impressed when I started searching the interscreen for a fuel pump grommet and the only find was a forum. So I figure a forum is the best place to be because I don't personally know any self wrenching vulcan owners other than me and hopefully after this water pump I can go back to just oil changes and tires.

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Please fill in your profile to include your bike/location info and that
is easier using a PC vs the app. This will help others answer questions you may ask knowing what year and model bike you have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts