Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Vaquero and I was looking for a forum more specific than the general one I'm on so here I am. I started riding last year when I bought an 07Suzuki C50, I rode dirt bikes as a kid so I took to it pretty well. It didn't take me long before I started wanting a cruiser with more comfortable features like a radio, fairing and cruise so I quickly started honing in on the vaquero and I just pulled the trigger after a year of wanting.

I got a 2011 with only 1,800 miles on it and it is pretty much brand new. I only paid $8,250.00 but I had to put a battery on it and got the oil changed so I'm about $8,500.00 invested now, but as soon as I sell my C50 that number will go down.

Anyways I'm dying to see what everyone has done with their vaqueros and I hope to some day put a passenger back rest, aux charging port and a pouch for the tank.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
welcome, you got a better deal, I just got mine last month with 4083 miles $8500. so you got a great deal!! I just got the backrest and mounting bracket will be in Friday

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welcome, you got a better deal, I just got mine last month with 4083 miles $8500. so you got a great deal!! I just got the backrest and mounting bracket will be in Friday
Well with the battery and oil change I did immediately after buying it I'm only about $50.00 less than what you paid but a couple thousand less miles :D.

How much did it run you for the backrest and mount? So far I rode for a few hours and had no problems with the seat itself but I read the passengers don't seem to care for it.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
most everyone hates the stock seat... I bought the backrest from this forum for 320. and got the mounting bracket for 140. They are expensive, you have to be patient on getting one. I did the oil change as well, so I know when it was done.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
most everyone hates the stock seat... I bought the backrest from this forum for 320. and got the mounting bracket for 140. They are expensive, you have to be patient on getting one. I did the oil change as well, so I know when it was done.
Ugg Maybe I didn't get as good of a deal as I thought. I was looking at a couple of other bikes that I think I could have gotten for $9,000, they were asking $9,800 and $9,950, and they had the back rest, aux, ipod and lights. Oh well, I don't need any of it right this second and maybe I'll run into a deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts