Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I bought, or am buying a new, used 2008 Vulcan 900 Classic. I've owned a couple of bikes before, this is my first mid sized cruiser.
I bought it to replace a Honda Rebel 250 that is deteriorating to the point where it is not worth it(to me anyway) to fix it.
I don't take delivery of it until next Tuesday or Wednesday, but am looking forward to riding a bigger bike.
While I was looking for a replacement for the Rebel I had a lit of all the different possibilities as far as models go, on my short list was the Yamaha Roadstar, Honda Shadow, Suzuki Boulevard, and last but not least the Vulcan.
I found my new ride at a dealer about an hour and half from home, I went and looked at it, drove it a little, and that was it I was sold, it's the dark blue color, 12,000 miles and runs smooth.
My motorcycle is my only transport, been riding my Rebel daily consistently for the last 2 years. So my main use will be commuting, with some motorcycle camping maybe a few times a year for 2 or 3 days at a time here and there mostly in the southeast corner of the U.S.

I hope to learn more about these great motorcycles on this forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Welcome from another Florida rider!

Congrats on the new Vulcan!

I'm partial to the smaller displacement bikes myself (I ride a Vulcan 500 now). I'm sure you will love the new bike more than the Rebel!

BTW, where in FL are you? Eagle Lake here, basically as close to the dead middle of FL as you can get.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome from another Florida rider!

Congrats on the new Vulcan!

I'm partial to the smaller displacement bikes myself (I ride a Vulcan 500 now). I'm sure you will love the new bike more than the Rebel!

BTW, where in FL are you? Eagle Lake here, basically as close to the dead middle of FL as you can get.
Hi, I loved my little Rebel for what it was, a great little city bike, but disliked it for the lack of power for interstate riding. It tops out at 75-80 mph, with nothing leftover for passing slower moving vehicles, or accelerating out of a dangerous situation.

I live in Venice, Sarasota county, which is about an hour south of Tampa.

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Please fill in your profile to include your bike/location info and that
is easier using a PC vs the app. This will help others answer questions you may ask knowing what year and model bike you have.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hi, I loved my little Rebel for what it was, a great little city bike, but disliked it for the lack of power for interstate riding. It tops out at 75-80 mph, with nothing leftover for passing slower moving vehicles, or accelerating out of a dangerous situation.

I live in Venice, Sarasota county, which is about an hour south of Tampa.
Venice isn't too far away, about 2 hours if i remember correctly.

I agree on the Rebels, definitely not something I feel comfortable riding on the interstate, and with occasional jaunts onto I-4, I definitely needed something bigger.

As MN-Rider said, adding your bike info to your profile will definitely help out if you have questions elsewhere on the forum.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Venice isn't too far away, about 2 hours if i remember correctly.
Yeah that seems about right, I had to look it up though, I'd never heard of Eagle Lake before, then again there are plenty of places in Florida people don't know like Yulee.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts