Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. I recently got a new 2012 Nomad 1700. My significant other could tolerate riding behind me on my 650 Vstrom but not for an extended ride. The Moto Guzzis didn't work for her more than an hour. So, I was happy to find this thing at a discount. Sasha likes it.

My first bike was a '64 Super Hawk. Loved it, loved it, loved it.

I wish I had what that old microbus would be worth now.

I came to this forum looking for tips on wiring the bike for a trailer. I've gotten help, thanks. I plan to convert the trailer behind the Weestrom, which connects to a tow rod that passes through the axle, to work behind a standard hitch with a vertical rod instead of a ball to keep the thing from flopping over.

I posted a "howdy" message almost the same as this but I can't find it so I'm doing it over. Sorry if I'm duplicating the thing.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,855 Posts
Welcome from South Texas.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome from just south of you, Pueblo, colorado.
I am also looking for something my wife can tolerate for longer rides. She can only tolerate the bullet, as she calls it, on my 500 for short rides.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Welcome from NE Texas! I'm a little different, I guess. I'd like to keep my bike and trade for a more tolerant wife! :D:eek:

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am also looking for something my wife can tolerate for longer rides.
Fairly broad seat, passenger footboards, and backrest seem to be the ticket. Passenger accommodation on most bikes is like an afterthought. I sometimes scoot back to that part of the seat to stretch my legs a bit. It's usually like sitting on a 2X4. Can't blame the ladies for their reluctance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts