Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wife just picked up the Vulcan S, and loves it. First ride noticed not downshifting properly, but cleared after 100 miles. I ride a Ninja 650R, and enjoy it.

HR...

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Just FYI there is a thread in Vulcan 650 S section discussing sticky downshift issue that couple forum members here ran into. I remember reading it not too long ago. May worth the trip to the dealer to check it out if the problem returns.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Just FYI there is a thread in Vulcan 650 S section discussing sticky downshift issue that couple forum members here ran into. I remember reading it not too long ago. May worth the trip to the dealer to check it out if the problem returns.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
We did bring the bike back to the dealer, they rode it and couldn't find a fault. I rode it again and 3-2rd gear still hard downshift. wife says is doable. I'm used to the short shift of my Ninja, so I'de figured the extended shift rod requires a harder press of the shifter in comparison.

HR...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We did bring the bike back to the dealer, they rode it and couldn't find a fault. I rode it again and 3-2rd gear still hard downshift. wife says is doable. I'm used to the short shift of my Ninja, so I'de figured the extended shift rod requires a harder press of the shifter in comparison.

HR...
I need an on line service and parts manual for the Vulcan S, as I do for my 650 R. Right now I'm trying to find the signal flasher for the Vulcan to install a Signal minder Module.

Any help appreciated;
HR...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts