Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I just picked up a 1997 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 and it’s my first bike. One of my neighbors sold it to me for $500 with a couple issues, I’m looking forward to working on it to get it roadworthy again! I have a well rounded knowledge of car mechanics so I’m sure I’ll be able to tackle most things with the bike.that being said If anyone has any knowledge on fuel/carburetor troubleshooting that will let me pick their brain a little bit that would be much appreciated!! I’ve messed with fuel injectors but no carburetors so it’s a new concept to me. Also if anyone can point me to an online manual that would be great as well!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Ask your questions in the 500 forum where other owners can assist you as not
all read the new intro section.

The only legal, authorized source for the service manual is Kawasaki.com and you can get theowners manual there free.

Please fill in your profile to include your bike/location info and that
is easier using a PC vs the app. This will help others answer questions you may ask knowing what year and model bike you have.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Wow. You're WAAAAAY up north.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah lol! They do 5k runs up to Canada! I like the town, nice and quite with lots of country roads. Makes for a nice car drive, an even better bike ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts