Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today purchased a pristine 2007 Nomad with 9200 miles on the clock. I am a long time rider, over 50 years, and find the Nomad to be an incredibly fine machine. I presently have a 2002 Harley Super Glide and a 2011 Suzuki DL650 VStrom. Last year I gave my Rocket 3 and my DL1000 to my son intending to give up long distance touring but that didn't last long. A good friend is on his second Nomad, the first with 140k miles on it and his second with already 40K. His other riding buddy has a Nomad with over 150K miles on it.

I've been looking for a good used one from a private party but then learned that our local Triumph dealership had taken one in on trade. I got a great deal on it and it looks like it's never so much been out in the rain.

I plan to put a lot of miles on it next summer. About the only accessories I'll be adding will be the front spotlights, some highway pegs a rear luggage rack and perhaps a rear fender rack if they are still available. I ride solo so will be removing the passenger pillion. At least that's the plan. You all know how it goes though when browsing the accessory catalogs. :D

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do Jeff. Twin Cities. I drove through last year on my way to Wisconsin to pick up some vintage Triumph parts from a friend in Crivitz. I guess you are settling in for a cold winter. It's unseasonably cold here already but not like anything you've been getting.

Mike

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hopefully I have figured out how how to post a picture, the only one I have so far of my new Nomad. I normally don't post pics of myself on forums but since this one with my permission was posted on the Peninsula Triumph Facebook page I suppose it is OK.

Nice looking old gent on a rockin' beautiful Nomad..:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.