Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member and proud new owner of a 2014 Vulcan 900 Custom (green w/ flames). This is my first cruiser coming from owning an assortment of sport bikes (everything from a Katana 600 to a Hayabusa). I wanted to switch it up a bit and see how a cruiser would work out for me. I know I wanted a bad a$$ looking bike so I went from thinking about a Boulevard 109r to a Yamaha Stryker. I came across an ad for a 2013 Vulcan 900 Custom with 1200 miles (matte black/pearl white) and really like the look of the bike. Well went to the dealership and was like yeah that is it, but then the salesman said he could get me a better deal on a brand new out the crate 2014 model. I'm a bargain hunter so of course I was intrigued and said let me see it. He showed me the Vulcan 900 Custom green color with the flames. I starred at it for about 30 minutes and thought the bike was just too loud of a color for my taste, I like simple boring colors like black, silver, white, etc. He said let me take it outside it totally looks a lot better in the sunlight. After he took it outside I was like yeah it does look a lot better in the natural sunlight. I decided to step out my comfort zone and now have my most colorful bike I have ever owned and his name is Yoda (I'm a big Star Wars fan, name all my bikes after the characters). I like stock bikes with not too much accessories on it so I do not plan on adding too much to Yoda. Will switch out the grips, get some bags (thinking the Hardstreet Slim Bags, like the way they look) and maybe a backrest for myself on longer trips and that's about it. I see that you can do many different things to the Vulcan so who knows maybe owning a cruiser will keep me stepping out my comfort zone and add some more things. Guess we will have to see...

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Welcome. .good to see you keep trying new things.. look forward to seeing pics of it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the warm welcomes to the forum. I got my maiden ride in this Sunday and Monday. Rode to work. I see that I still have the sport bike fanatic in me because this is a very different ride. Don't get me wrong I did need to slow it down, was just a bit surprised with getting use to being on a cruiser. Kept trying to put my feet under me, LOL! This is a new bike and I really do need to learn throttle control for the break in period, but there is just something that being on two wheels just brings out the speed demon in me. I'm sure with more riding I will get use to the power differential (coming from a Ninja ZX10r). Thinking I am going to need two bikes in the garage, should have kept the Ninja. I do like the wind in my face (but not for long, need a windshield) and the freedom of riding. I work a late shift so riding home at 2am in the morning when it's 48 degrees is not the most fun thing to do but riding in to work was great. I will have to read up more on posting pics. I will be looking at some accessory options from the forum because I do need a windshield for freeway riding and bags to put my stuff in to eliminate the book bag on my back. Again thanks for all the welcomes, hope to learn a lot from the forum with my first foray into cruiser riding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts