Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the R&G Heel/Toe shift RGHEELSH0001BK. I noticed that the one sent was different from the one pictured in the sales ad. The one received was heaver and had more positions to place the Peg Slider. It was an easy install and took about 15 minutes. I am guessing the original model had some issues so they made a design change. I like the new style for the adjust ability. The colored photo is the new style.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks good. So is it adjustable according to your foot size/reach? I have my footpeg in the reduced reach setting. How is it so far with shifting? Planning to buy one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The adjustment allows for heel placement height in relation to the foot peg and angle to the rear shift knob. The design of the plate though I think allows you make additional adjustments. As for shifting now issues. I had problems depend on my shoes getting under the shifter to pull up. I like tapping the shifter with the heel to up shift and tapping down with the toe to down shift. Just easier for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am used to heel and toe shifting with my Honda XRM but that was more than a decade ago, =). Just got back to riding last month. I am a bit skeptic about this R&G shifter because of its review in Amazon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
R&G Shifter

I am used to heel and toe shifting with my Honda XRM but that was more than a decade ago, =). Just got back to riding last month. I am a bit skeptic about this R&G shifter because of its review in Amazon.
I too saw that one review. I'm thinking the review was done on the one version { Black/white photo}. I ordered directly from R&G and received the one in the color photo. there are some differences, guessing a design change maybe. The one I got allows for multiple mounting points for up/down placement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts