Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone replace the stock foot pegs on the 900 Custom with a replacement set with heel rests? Thought about going with some swing wings, but decided to stick with the stock layout...but would like to get some heel rests, something like:

These are Rivco, but I know a number of manufacturers make them. Anyone have a set? Who do you have, and do you like them? Why?

·
Registered
742 Posts

i have these... i don't like the feel of moving my legs back on the pegs, i use to hang my heels on the pegs or even droop my feet over them for a stretched out feel... these from kuryakyn allow a little more stretching outward as well as locking in your foot if you droop them over.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those were the swingwings I was thinking about -- primarily to allow for a more stretched-out ride when wanted -- but they didn't appear to me to do much for heel support. I really think the heel support pegs are the way for me to go, but thanks.

·
Registered
742 Posts
no problem... they support the heel if you stretch your foot outward like i do. the ball of my foot is on the swing part while my heel is on the main part of the peg.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I had the Kuryakin ones on my 900 custom. The bike came with the ISO pegs but I had to add the heel rest. I kept forcing my leg because I had the feeling my feet where going to slide down. The rests did the trick. Mine where fixed (did not fold in) and never rubbed or bothered me in any way, and they did their job.

I don't have a pict online but I might have some at home on my local folders.

The only issue I ever had with them is I didn't tighten enough and the weight of my leg moved them on the first ride, so had to go back and really get them tight to stay put. :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the Kuryakin ones on my 900 custom.
If this Switchblade model is the one you had, I think I'll be following your example...I love the way these things look. They're just what I was looking for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts