Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good afternoon everyone..my name is aaron and i have a 89 vulcan 750. i started to chop it and now it wont start. the switch and button all have power. i removed the oem speedo, tach, dummy lights. i put in a mini speedo and wirred up the dummy lights on there. if i jump the starter solenoid it goes to turn over. i bought a new igniter box and starter solenoidthinkin it was maybe that. still nothing. everything looks connected properl but it doesnt even attempt to turn over using the button. i know there are certain fail safes in the wiring. could it be bc i m not running the stock stuff. i have a manual on order but im racking my brain trying to figure this out. please help me!***

·
Registered
11,753 Posts
You will need a meter and know how to use it.
No meter or knowledge? We can help there too.

Post back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got a meter..gonna figure out how to use it ( with the boards help) i replaced the start button....traced the wire in to the igniter box and it lights using a tester . The swich def works....my 1st question is if i run no dummy lights, no tach, no speedo and unplug it all does it kill the starting circut?first thing i noticed is my headlight wont light thru the normal wire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you saying that it turns over but will not start or it will not turn over ?

If i hit the start button i get nothin. I traced tye button to the igniter and the buttonn and switch function as they should. If i jump the solenid the bike goes to turn over. I just changed the solenoid and igniter box. I took all the wires off the front. So i think its due to something not being connected

1 - 8 of 8 Posts