Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Vulcan classic VN1500.

Just had a shop do a clutch job and instead of putting an OEM clutch spring in they installed a Barnett. Now it takes a hell of a lot more pressure to pull the clutch lever back. It's near impossible to drive in stop and go traffic. I took it to another vulcan rider who's familar with Barnett and he agrees the pressure is way to hard.

Any idea's on what they did wrong? They claim they will put the OEM one in but I will believe it when it happens since I've had a lot of problems with them over this job.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Does your friend with a Barnett spring also have a 1500?

Each bike is different, so what worked for his might not work for you. Was there a problem with the OEM springs that made you want to go with a Barnett?

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
I know that many folks replace their clutch springs with heavier units, but, I like my clutch...easy pull and just as smooth. When the time comes for replacement, I will just go OEM and retain the stock characteristics. Of course, having arthritis in the fingers does not help, so the easier, the better.

In your case, something is wrong.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Not seeing the bike it's hard to say.

The Barnett is similar to an early Meanstreak spring.

I've been running the MS spring with the Judges washers for years, and it does have a heavier pull.

Did they do anything besides the spring?

Some of the kits, like the Gorilla clutch, have an extremely hard pull.

What did they put in?

MT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts