Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you folks that use heated gear and have fairings, do you use a connector on the fairing or have you mounted something closer to the seat? If you use the fairing outlet, are there issues with the cable? Flopping in the wind, rubbing on the tank? I’m guessing I will need the two-foot extension. I am going to use the Powerlet outlet, but have yet to mount the connector on my Vaquero. The outlet falls right through the knockout for an outlet, so I have to come up with an adapter of some sort. Unless of course, there are better ways to go at this!

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Old Bear,
I have the First Gear 90 amp heated jacket and gloves. They are excellent and allow me to ride is cold weather. The coldest that I have worn them was 33F without the windchill. I was really comfortable.

I have the connector to the left of my seat so that I can drop the electrical line from the jacket right to the connector that is coming from the battery. I have the thermostat control attached with velcro to the front of the chrome speedometer housing.

I like to keep things simple and this setup works great.

Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts