Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys any ideas how to redirect some of the heat to the back of the bike? The hot humid August in IL is bad enough, but the heat from the bike just about roasts my right leg. Not too bad if I'm moving but sitting in traffic is bad.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Big bike big heat just the way it is.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Vulcan heat

I am afraid that our comrades speak the truth. the only thing hotter is the big Triumph with 3 pipes on the right.

I put V&H pipes on my V2K and they don't seem to retain the heat as badly, but the best thing is to drive fast. Either that or grow longer legs....:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
The part that bothers me the most is when I'm sitting at a stop light and the dang fan kicks on. Blows really hot air right out on my leg. That sucks.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have found that wearing lighter colored pants (ie: really faded blue jeans), will help fend off some of the heat. Other than that, you're SOL when it's hot. :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
I feel the heat

It takes planning for me to deal with the special problems the V2000 gives. Getting out of the city is difficult, traffic is all ways backed up at the tunnels, except in the wee hours of the night. There are a lot of lights on big highways at night in the city, but not many cars, and it is very cool. A flannel shirt under the leather jacket is nice.

I bought my VN2000 (07) to go to state parks on super highways. The salesman said that was a good use for it. I live very close to the on ramp to PA376. He lives way in the suburbs and didn't like inner-city driving. Nevertheless he bought a GoldWing! Maybe they do better with the heat.

My bike is a cruiser. So I cruise, at least I'm learning to plan to. The current problems are not so much the heat, because I begin a ride at night, fast on superhighways, but in getting home back into the city. I need to go far enough or stay out long enough to get past the traffic in the wee hours. That means I need to find more 24/7 gas stations, motel coupons, camping gear...permission from my wife....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Rent a Harley for the weekend take it on a long ride then stop in traffic. This bike is not as hot as u think. If u have the factory exhaust get rid of them and get some long shots (I run cobras and like them VERY much). The old pipes were close to 50lbs that is allot of heat.
My wife ride's a Road Glide and I put it in the garage sometimes. That bike IS hot. I think of roasted nuts at those times:p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts