Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the plunge and bought the Kawasaki communications set, thinking it was the best deal for headsets and intercom with the radio. However, after installing the connectors for the headsets on the bike, I have concerns. I had my wife get on the bike as a passenger, and her leg covers the headset connectors! And when you plug in the headsets, they will stick up even further! Not happy! I have read on here that guys have the setup, wondering how they are using the headsets? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Not happy with the head facory head sets. Mine have never worked right. I can talk to the wife on back but she can not talk to me. Hum maybe they are working right :D. The cables are a pain would rather have a wireless system instead.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you and and your wife wear full face helmet, or even 3/4 face helmet, maybe you can consider the Cardo Scala models. We have the Q2 Pro multi set and it work really good. It has built-in FM radios and can be paired with your cell phones. The driver to passenger communication is very clear and they are easy to use. Give it a try. Riding with my wife is more enjoyable because with it, we don't need to yell to hear each other.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
108 Posts
I tried it. liked it for listening to radio and ipod. Wife did not want to use.
Agree getting used to cable is a PITA.
wireless better mobility. Have to recharge batteries. not all campsites we visit have electricity so not the best option.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree with gpm1059 on the Cardo, I have the G4 set and it's great, With these sets you can also pair up with other riders that have the same. Also when you get a phone call you can conference in your wife of whoever is riding with you.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I use the wired set up with my son all the time. I get on and hook in, he hooks in, gets on then connects the helmet . . . My connect points never lock down in the straight upright position, so when he sits they kid move forward a little to accommodate his legs - At 14, he is 5'10" and about 145lbs . . . We've been riding like this on the Voyager for almost 3 years and the connecting points digging into his legs is one thing that I have never heard him complain about - Believe me if he's not comfortable I know it - unless its just that he is hot or cold . . .

I know some folks have moved the connecting points to make them a little more user friendly - put the rider's up front and the passenger's back by the trunk

As for their usability - Theu took some getting used to, but We really like them now - Adjust the music volume when there is music playing, adjust the intercom when you have an open mike, adjust the CB when the squelch is broken . . . If course the passenger's has the individual volume control in-line, so there is the option to just tune it out as well . . .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts