Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking through the wiring diagrams in the service manual which have given me a less than helpful "accessory intercom" label with no specific label as to what each wire actually goes to.

Does anyone know what each of the wires on the accessory intercom plug DO, or know of a way to find out?

I'd like to build an adapter that would plug directly into the plug under the seat (and bypass the need for the $130 'kit' that gives you the 5 or 7 pin connector; whatever it is), and allow me to plug in a standard 3.5mm three-way connector; such as what would be on your iPhone. The reason for this, ultimately, would be so that it could then connect to a bluetooth adapter that would effectively give me a "wireless headset", to allow me to connect my BT headset to the bikes communication system. From there, I can run the bikes CB system.

It would probably be far cheaper and easier to run a bluetooth portable CB unit clipped to my belt. But then I wouldn't be able to use my handlebar PTT button. And I sometimes prefer the hard way!

Anyone have an idea of where to start? If I just knew what those wires did, I think I could figure it out. I believe there's going to be a left and right +, a common, a ground, and a mic +; but which is which is the problem and I also wouldn't know how to grab a meter and figure out which is which.

Previously I had a more complicated vision that involved using both rider and pax connections so I could retain both bluetooth intercom and CB. But with the advent of the Sena 20S and Scala PackTalk; I now have two options (I ordered the 20S) for dual-radio bluetooth headsets. Each can pair to two devices at once. Meaning that my wife and I can be paired and talking, and my "CB" can be paired. So on a group ride I can jump in on the CB channel, and still chat with my wife. But, currently, the only way to use the OEM CB would be to completely remove my bluetooth headset, speakers and all, and install Kawasaki's wired headset. There simply must be a way to connect my BT headset to the bike! And I'm somewhat determined to figure it out!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Did you ever figure this out?
I believe the black 8 pin connector under the seat that has only 5 pins/wires going to it.... Black is ground white is left, red is right.

This is what i figure.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts