Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a light bar to my 2009 Vulcan 900. Everything is working as should, EXCEPT the headlight. For some reason it is not getting power to the plug. Don't know what I could have done and can't find the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Headlight wont work

Yeah looked at all that. No power to the switch. There is power from the key. Looks like the problem is under the tank somewhere and, with it being fuel injected, I figure I'd better leave removing that to the experts. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Yeah looked at all that. No power to the switch. There is power from the key. Looks like the problem is under the tank somewhere and, with it being fuel injected, I figure I'd better leave removing that to the experts. :rolleyes:
nursedonna, removing the tank is easier than changing a catheter bag ;). What you're looking for is power from the black/yellow wire to frame ground after the bike is started. This can be done by removing the right side cover and locating said wire coming out of the relay box. If you have power there, then the problem is probably in the plug connector mounted on the frame backbone which is under the tank. Where did your mechanic find power for your light bar and how does it turn on and off?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I recently installed a light bar to my 2009 Vulcan 900. Everything is working as should, EXCEPT the headlight. For some reason it is not getting power to the plug. Don't know what I could have done and can't find the problem.
Just want to put this out there: Your aware that the headlight only comes on when the bike is running?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I installed a light bar on my 1700 a few months ago. All I had to do was remove the headlight from it's housing, unplug the turn signal wires, remove the turn signal bar and replace it with the new bar. I then just plugged in the wires from the new light bar, replaced the headlight and all works like it is supposed to. It was all "plug and play" as it's called. No cutting or reconnecting of any kind. Just have to make sure the right wires are plugged into their proper counterparts. There was an extra wire in the new bar for the spotlights but it just plugged into the headlight harness.

The spotlights will not work when the headlight is on "high beam" which is what the documentation for the lights said. There is also a rocker switch on the bar to turn the lights off if you don't want them on all the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts