Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I bought my Vulcan from another guy who dropped it at low speed and scared himself away from riding. I scored a deal on this one but I'm doing some cosmetic fixes. One of which is the headlight that got a dinged up a little. I bought a new housing and bulb. I've managed to modify the tree to get the headlight attached but I can't figure out the wiring for the light. I looked at the service manual but it doesn't cover non-OEM parts and different sources I found on the internet conflicted so I don't want to try this without getting a trustworthy answer.

So, here's what I need to know. Looking at a standard three prong headlight from the back, which blades are the high/low/ground? I'm doing all the wiring myself so I don't have anything to go on here. I used a voltmeter to figure out which wires are high/low coming from the bike but I don't know what to connect it to on the headlight. Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Answered my own question with a little tinkering a blown fuse. As you look at the lamp from the back:

Left prong is ground. It has a yellow/black wire.
Top prong is red-yellow.
Right is red-brown? Maybe red-black. Hard to tell for sure what color the second type is. I can't tell for sure which is the high or low beam because I blew out my last fuse in the bag but I hope this helps anybody else who searches this up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts