Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a tach on my 2011 900 custom and have to get single pole adapter as the tach is double pole. I want to wire it to the headlight but was wondering if anyone knows which wire is the switch wire? Don't want to wire to the battery as I'd rather have the key turn it on / off. Any idea what color wire is the switch wire?

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
Connect tach wire as per instructions, to coil negative, and twist tach light and power together and connect to other side of coil. It is a switched 12v.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Connect tach wire as per instructions, to coil negative, and twist tach light and power together and connect to other side of coil. It is a switched 12v.
If i attach to the coil only will that enable it to only come on with the key and not stay on all the time? This sounds easier if i don't have to take the headlight apart

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
That is correct. Then three of the four wires all go in one direction. The ground will have to be connected elsewhere.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
I would listen to sfair. That guy has more knowledge in his little finger than most have in their whole bodies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts