Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Vaquero and the headlight just blew i was thinking of upgrading to a LED,,, has anyone had any expierence with this?

·
Banned
89 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Yep, those are excellent and they are direct replacements.

There are a variety of options for the headlight. Some that are bulb replacements are a little difficult to install only because the clip that holds the bulb in and the fan on the LED bulb want to occupy the same space. A little bending and twisting of the clip and all is good.

Kisan makes a headlight modulator that works with LEDs. Model P115-W. Others will work but are not legal as they turn the headlight completely off and on. The law requires that the "off" phase be 30% (I think) on rather than completely off. Frankly, I think the correct way is less likely to be interpreted as flashing your lights to indicate that someone should go, turn, etc.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hear is what I found and it worked real good. Fits right in and no fan. Came in a pair so I have an extra one. Good to have a spare in case. Eye blinding bright. They should be able to see me coming.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-headlight-bulbs-conversion-kits/led-headlight-kit-h4-led-headlight-bulbs-conversion-kit-with-flexible-tinned-copper-braid/2221/4993/#/tab/Photos&Videos
1000 lumens on highbeam is not very bright. Mine is 4 times brighter at 4500 lumen. The one I bought went right in with no fooling with the clip. It has a small fan on the back to cool the bulbs. I paid $35 and received it from Hong Kong in about 7 days. :nerd:

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
1000 lumens on highbeam is not very bright. Mine is 4 times brighter at 4500 lumen. The one I bought went right in with no fooling with the clip. It has a small fan on the back to cool the bulbs. I paid $35 and received it from Hong Kong in about 7 days. :nerd:
Don't let the numbers fool you. You'd be pleasantly surprised at how bright it is.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Since most of these Chinese LED lights are not DOT approved, I wouldn't put too much stock in the accuracy of the number they give for lumens. Could be higher, could be lower. Caveat emptor. I like to see for myself. I've purchased several that turned out to not be worth a crap. Didn't someone say once, "seeing is believing". I'm more than happy with the one I have. Can't look directly at it. I suspect the lumens are somewhat higher than advertised. My buddy makes me ride in front because the headlight along with the fog lights are too bright in his mirror. We only have to please ourselves. This topic is like oil, everyone's oil is the best, and I don't understand why everyone isn't using it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts