Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my low beam head light seems to be very dim, and when on low beam the high beam light is dimmly lite. when i switch to high beam every thing seems to work fine . high beam seems normal . ive changed the bulb and it didnt seem to make a difference. any ideas why the high beam dummy light would be dimmly lit on low beam.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
my low beam head light seems to be very dim, and when on low beam the high beam light is dimmly lite. when i switch to high beam every thing seems to work fine . high beam seems normal . ive changed the bulb and it didnt seem to make a difference. any ideas why the high beam dummy light would be dimmly lit on low beam.
Sounds like the culprit is the dimmer switch. Also check the plug located on the frame backbone under the tank. Is the hi-beam indicator lit too when on low beam?

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help guys but i think i figured it out .....and im afraid to say it but it was stupidity on my part. I have an after market headlight on my bike and the bulb burned out at the end of last season so i pretty much changed the bulb and parked the bike for winter. seems as thought when i changed the bulb i turned the plug around. the style of the plug allows you to actually plug it in turned around backwards. Now if that wasnt bad enough it seems when i changed the bulb again to try to fix the problem ...guess what i installed in backwards again...lol found this out yesterday reversed the plug and all seems to be well now. thanks again for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts