Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all will it take to swap out the gigantic cyclops headlight for the traditional classic style? Main reason is I got some 16" apes and test fit them and i'm not diggin the way it looks with that huge headlight houseing... blech.

Anyone know of a kit? or even what all is needed?

·
Registered
445 Posts
16"
Which make did you go with ?
If you went with the Burley brand 1 1/2" reduced to 1" at grips and riser section.
You might run into a problem with the clutch grip assembly not being able to
slide inward far enought to clear the opening for the internal wiring.
That was my case. I had to sand off some of the thick chrome to get it where in needed to be.

Point is... make sure you tape off the section that you don't want sanded.
You don't want to sand ( effect the chrome showing ) more than you have too.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
midwest_motorhead;95454[U said:
]What all will it take [/U]to swap out the gigantic cyclops headlight for the traditional classic style? Anyone know of a kit? or even what all is needed?
m n m's, moola. lots of it. $300 ballpark, according to mc'gila in ioway. here is a parts list of all/some of the parts required. or shop aftermarket at your favorite parts house, $100 should do it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
16"
Which make did you go with ?
If you went with the Burley brand 1 1/2" reduced to 1" at grips and riser section.
You might run into a problem with the clutch grip assembly not being able to
slide inward far enought to clear the opening for the internal wiring.
That was my case. I had to sand off some of the thick chrome to get it where in needed to be.

Point is... make sure you tape off the section that you don't want sanded.
You don't want to sand ( effect the chrome showing ) more than you have too.
i'm about 99.9% sure they are krome werks brand, modle number not sure of. they are out in the garage, and its too late and damned cold to go look for sure, lol. Either way, I wont be doing internal wiring, most of the reson i want the classic style head light is that the bike as a whole is already VERY modern looking, and I want to throw some old school style in.

Ponch- thanks for the info. 300 aint to terrible if it includes everything needed. I'll have to check into it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
headlight

m n m's, moola. lots of it. $300 ballpark, according to mc'gila in ioway. here is a parts list of all/some of the parts required. or shop aftermarket at your favorite parts house, $100 should do it.
Ponch, way way more than that. Headlight/mount, relocate ignition switch,get rid of those ugly tripple trees and lots of rewiring. To go new, costs over $700. The easy way to go is find some who want the cyclops and trade even out. I'm going to switch mine over this winter and have been looking for parts for over a year now. Going with custom raked tripple tree.

·
Registered
616 Posts
headlight swap

If you need to buy ALL thos parts on ponch's list, expect to shell out in excess of $600. the bucket alone retails close to 300, Believe me, I had to buy most of whats on the list & its costly , also you will need to change the fork covers & do some triple tree work !!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts